We provide professional tax preparation services year round. Filing a tax return can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. From students to seniors and farmers to small businesses, we are here to make tax time a little easier.
Our goal is to make the income tax process as easy and painless as possible; helping you minimize your tax liability. Your tax preparation interview can be conducted either in person, by mail or e-mail, whichever is most convenient for you. No matter your circumstances we are here to help and give you the best advice to navigate whatever the situation.
Whether you need current year returns prepared or returns for multiple past years completed, our professional team can assist you with your needs.
We Offer the following:
- Individual Returns
- Small Business Returns
- Real Estate Rental Returns
- Consultants Returns
- Farming Returns
- Corporate Returns
- Trust Returns
- Tax Planning
- We are able to prepare your returns for all provinces in Canada (Excluding Quebec)
“We don’t simply prepare your taxes. We take the time to understand what your tax situation is and then explain why your tax return is the way it is.” – Lenard Cole, Branch Manager & Vice-President, Life Brokerage Sales
Here are a few tips for gathering your tax information:
- Don’t procrastinate. If you have all your slips, come in sooner rather than later. The closer to the end of April it gets, the longer CRA takes to process your return.
- Prescription Receipts: Ask your pharmacist to print out your yearly expenditures.
- Expense receipts: Organize into categories and summarize the totals.
- Bring in your Notice of Assessment. At your appointment this is one of the first things we ask if you have, as it is a summary of last year’s tax return and shows carry-forwards you may have.
Please be aware of CRA Scams
CRA will never:
- Threaten you with arrest or prison.
- Ask to confirm passport, health care or driver’s licence.
- Request information to be sent by email.
- Ask you to fill out information in an online form.
- Send you a link through text message.
- Setup an in-person meeting in a public place to accept a payment.
- Demand payment by prepaid credit cards, iTunes cards or bitcoins.
- Ask you to go to your online CRA Secure Portal such as My Account, My Business Account or Represent a Client.
- Email you a link to a CRA webpage, form or publication in response if you call CRA looking for that information.
- Send you Notice of Assessment or Re-Assessment by mail, or notify you by email when it is available to view online.
- Ask for payment of a tax debt through any of CRA’s payment options (https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/make-a-payment-canada-revenue-agency.html).
- Tax legal action (i.e. garnishee your wages or bank accounts) to recover the money you owe if you refuse to pay your debt.
- If you suspect a scam, contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre online at http://www.antifraudcentre.ca or toll free at 1-888-495-8501.
Tired of going through a years worth of receipts to figure out your business expenses? Want to how your business is doing on a more regular basis?
Why not spend time on your business rather than sifting through your receipts. Inquire about our small business bookkeeping service.
Monthly Bookkeeping Service includes:
- Monthly & YTD income / expenses reports
- GST / PST returns
- Employee payroll and remittance
- Advice and consultation on tax matters
Make an appointment with one of our tax preparers and notice the Sentinel difference!
CPA Professional Corporation
300 – 820 51st Street East, Saskatoon, SK, S7K 0X8