ESTATE PLANNING STARTERS
Estate planning is a very personal exercise. Use this short checklist to help you focus on some of the more important issues.
- Do you and your spouse have wills which were drafted or reviewed within the last year?
- Does your will name a guardian for your minor children if both you and your spouse are deceased?
- Have you considered the advantages of a living revocable trust, such as avoiding probate?
- Do you have the right amount and type of life insurance?, critical illness, and disability insurance?
- Has your insurance portfolio been reviewed within the last two years?
- Would you like to make gifts to your favorite charities during life or at death?
- Have you planned for the continuation or sale of your business interests?
- Have you decided who should inherit your property after your death and that of your spouse?
- Have you planned for your children’s or grandchildren’s education?
- Have you arranged for the long-term care needs of your spouse and parents?
- Are you sure your estate plan is up-to-date and takes advantage of all potential tax savings strategies?
Talk to a Sentinel Financial representative today and they will help you gain answers to the checklist above.